Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Week 5

Hey Family and Everyone,

I was really sick with the flu this week, but the Elders came over and gave me a blessing.  This week we barely did anything because of it.  Maureen did show up to a random lesson at the Clarke's and committed to going to church next Sunday.  Sister Tam and I committed to going to a Catholic church with her so this will be fun.

Canada is freezing.  Rain and snow everyday except today.  I'm as warm as I'll be.  We meet people from all around the world, like a lot of Chinese, Filipino and Africans.  It's the weirdest thing.  The white people seem to be the weirdest sets of people I have ever come in contact with.  The food is strange.  I eat some crazy things.  I've been living off of rice, potatoes and boiled chicken.

I love my companion.  She is exactly who I needed to have to be my trainer.  She's so fun and nice and she's from Hong Kong.  We have a lot of fun together.  By the way, Sister Tam said President sends all the blonde sisters to outlining areas, I'm in for a treat.  Oh, and Sister Marion said I'm too pretty for the city and the single's wards so that means I'll be in the middle of no where shortly....






There's a Target and I'm going to look at it today, hopefully.  I'm close to the West Edmonton Mall.  Mom would love it!  I get to Skype you soon, I'm so excited!

They did a spotlight last week on me in Relief Society.  I mentioned how I love my family.  I shared how my mom was my best friend, how I have a dad that provided for our family and always had the Priesthood and how I had the best life.  I'm making this experience as wonderful as I can.  It's hard, but it's worth it.

I'm glad some of you did service for "Mormon Helping Hands."  Make sure when you're serving to try to think positively the whole time.  Then, every time you serve you love doing it, plus everyone gets blessings!  I love you and everyone at home.

I hope you all have a good week.

Love you all,
Sister Kiley Rexinger

No comments:

Post a Comment